Thursday 10 September 2009

dancelife.



lately i've been ridiculously nostalgic ---- of my dancing days. i went to my school earlier this week, to witness yet even more changes to the edifice and to meet my old dance coach for a hot cup of tea and a much needed catch-up session. walking into the same dance room where i spent a good proportion of my teenage life and watching fresh, young and confused pre-teens (including my sister!) stumbling in to develop their own passion for dance made me tear up. during their practice i helped them with their moves and perfected their technique which re-instigated my desire to dance that i had shut myself to since i left school. oh how much i miss dance, choreographing, finding the rhythm of the music within me, the stage, performing, costumes, stage make-up, waiting with anxiety back-stage, the whole shabang! it's been a little over two years since i last stepped onto a stage. at this point it's not even about performing anymore as it is about geting to dance; learning choreography and moving every muscle in me till i collapse from exhaustion (and my lack of exercise along with a deteriorating stamina!).

i've decided that this year when i go back to Uni, i'm for sure looking into some dance schools and dance classes in Birmingham that i can go to a couple days a week. what used to be my entire life, my escape is not even an afterthought anymore and i'd really really like to change that. especially when an escape is what i need the most back in BirmingHELL.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment