Monday 22 June 2009

pocket full of stars.

now you know i need a miracle
a star-crossed lover
an arrow in my heart
i need a rainy day in an endless summer
a pocket full of stars

i hate change. i really do; always have. as human beings, we're constantly in search of the familiar, of a certain level of comfort and i for one definitely like my comfort. it's somewhat bizarre to think how much i hate change when i have had to deal with it my entire life. adapting to new and uncomfortable situations is almost like second nature to me - only it is anything but easy for me (for some strange reason). don't get me wrong, i feel truly blessed to have experienced all that i have in my life so far, i'm just trying to figure out why i always shy away from the unfamiliar. i guess because it isn't easy for me to find comfort in a situation (person, places, etc) in the first place so once i do, i subconsciously place 'all my eggs in one basket' - for lack of a better phrase. overtime though, this has made me cautious. too cautious to take chances and really live for once.

i have lately not been able to stop thinking about chances; having to do with the point i have reached in my life. i graduate university in one more year and that has stimulated a hoard of questions, many being rhetorical (much to my dislike). i question: when is it right to take a chance? once this chapter of my life is over, it will be crucial to 'make the right decision' won't it? and then there are people who talk about going for what you love, following your dreams and doing something different. why is doing something different often synonymous with uncertainty, something risky or taking a chance? it's as if it's assumed that following your dreams is automatically something that goes against societal norms.

what are societal norms? and who has made them so? did they not once start out as dreams? i have a lot of decisions to make these next couple of years. ones that can and will possibly change my life forever. it would be nice to have something to fall back on, no matter what. but of course - changes will take place.

my dislike for change is quite funny - especially since change is the only constant in this world as after all, everything changes. all the time.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment