Tuesday 26 May 2009

hop, skip and a week.

it is 1:40 am on a Wednesday and i officially have exactly one week till i leave for home! these days have been passing by painfully slowly and i have nothing extensive or exciting to blog about. well, i have started watching Sex & the City again to pass time (hence the title of my post) and the nerd in me has been occupied with a few documentaries here and there; the latest being Guns, Germs & Steel based on the book by Jared Diamond. i had actually read bits of his book for my Anthropology and World Studies classes back in high school and so was pretty excited when i came across the documentary (don't laugh!). it basically analyzes and explains Diamond's theory on geography being the primary reason for some cultures (namely the Europeans) succeeding more than the others leading to the societal inequalities we find in present day. i actually miss my high school classes; an array of subjects questioning and challenging my brain rather than being bombarded by theories on just marketing and advertising (as much as i like it).

on another note, the weather has been sunny, warm and beautiful these last couple of days which makes me very very happy and want to be outside all the time. there is still a lot to be done before i leave though and i'm so so lazy to get through them all! this has been a rather dull post, some pretty little things on my next one, i promise. oh yes, i changed my header again (the perfectionist in me acting up as always) and i feel Gisele does it some excellent justice; taken from an editorial in Harper's Bazaar Russia June 2007 and photographed by the infamous Lagerfeld himself.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment